13th October 2015
Jamie Mitchell is part of the University of Portsmouth’s Student Union. Find out which part of the Spinnaker Tower view Jamie likes the best and more about his role in providing the best experience for all Portsmouth’s university students.
1. What is your role within Portsmouth Uni?
I hold the position of Vice President of Welfare and Community, trying to engage students with the community. It’s a one year position and also focuses on ensuring students have the most enjoyable experience possible.
2. What makes Portsmouth University the place to be?
There are so many assets to the city. It’s so diverse, it’s fantastic. I have lived here for 3 and a half years; when I came here, I instantly fell in love with it. There’s always something to do in the city.
3. Describe an ideal weekend in Portsmouth
Right, Saturday would involve a sunny stroll down the Millennium walkway and a trip to the Arcades in Southsea where you could spend just a little too much! Then, on Sunday, I’d visit Gunwharf Quays and the Spinnaker Tower, of course! I remember a special graduation visit with my mum recently and the view was just amazing.
4. Top tips for if you’re coming to Portsmouth University this summer
1. Portsmouth is a big city but you will learn. And rest assured, you’re always a short distance to a Co-op!
2. Coming to an open campus uni means you learn how to integrate into a community more easily. The majority of Portsmouth are friendly and welcoming.
Click for more information on visiting Spinnaker Tower and our upcoming events.