Your safety and that of your family, as well as our team is our highest priority. Therefore with this in mind, we have redesigned our attraction putting social distancing measures in place; this means you can still enjoy a great day out with us.
Our aim is for both you and us to follow our social etiquette guidelines, and official government guidelines, so your time with us is enjoyable and you can visit us with confidence.
We invite all guests to continue to wear face coverings when visiting us for the comfort and confidence of your fellow guests and our team members. We will continue to practice social distancing where appropriate and practical and all of our team members will continue to wears face coverings.
We are supporting the NHS Test and Trace service and App. Please check in using the QR code at admissions on arrival.
These are the things we are doing:
- Reduced capacity – we have reduced the number of people we are allowing in the attraction to ensure you have an enjoyable experience with confidence. In the lift we have marked an area for you to stand which is socially distanced from the operator and you will be asked to travel up in your family group.
- Signage, screens and floor markings – we have installed new safety signage and marked out social distancing throughout the attraction. For our team we have installed safety screens at the till and admission points.
- Our team safety protocols – where applicable, the team will be wearing masks and sometimes gloves (they’ll still be smiling). Team members will endeavour to maintain a 1-2 metre distance between you and your group. (Prior to every shift the team will complete a pre-check, including hand washing and a temperature check, to ensure they are ready and able to work).
- Wash / sanitising hands – we have installed hand sanitiser points at regular intervals around the attraction.
- Cards not cash – our online booking system is easy to use, please can we encourage you to book on-line in advance where possible. As capacity will be reduced this means you can guarantee your experience on your preferred day, at our best price and avoid disappointment. On site, please use contactless payment where possible to reduce the handling of cash. If you want to visit The Clouds cafe on view deck 2 this is pre-bookable only.
- Clean it, clean it, clean it! – we already maintain the highest of standards of hygiene at site, but now more than ever we’ll be going above and beyond to make sure that the attraction is super clean. We’ve upped the regular cleaning regime of surfaces and touch points and have invested in more thorough deep cleans as well.
As you can see, we have thought very carefully about your safety and we’d encourage you to do the same.
This is what we ask you to do for your fellow guests:
- Book online in advance – as numbers are reduced, this will guarantee your entrance on the day you want and at our best price.
- Abide by the government rules and advice. From 19th July, we invite all guests to continue to wear face coverings when visiting us for the comfort and confidence of your fellow guests and our team members.
- If you are not well – high temperature, coughing or any other recognised symptoms – please do not visit, come when you are well. We will enforce this. Let us know as soon as possible and we may be able to arrange an alternative date, voucher or refund.
- If you are well then, arrive in good time for your booking. Please note you may be asked to queue outside but we’ll get to you as quickly as possible.
- Maintain appropriate social distance between your group and others – we’re all getting used to it.
- Use hand sanitiser when you arrive and at regular intervals on your visit.
- Use cards not cash.
- Follow the one-way system.
- Have fun!
Important information about getting here
Spinnaker Tower is situated within Gunwharf Quays shopping centre. Visiting protocols are in place at Gunwharf Quays to ensure the safety of guests and staff and these include capacity limits in the centre and the car park. (Click here for more information)
• Arriving by car: once parked, you will exit the car park into Gunwharf Quays Central Square. Follow the one way signage towards the waterfront, then turn right along the waterfront towards the Tower.
• Arriving by foot: please enter Gunwharf Quays via the pedestrian entrance at Vernon Gate, St George’s Road by Tesco Express. Follow the one way signage towards the waterfront, then turn right along the waterfront towards the Tower.
• The entrance to the Spinnaker Tower is opposite Burger King and Café Nero.
On arrival at Gunwharf Quays, please present your booking confirmation letter (either printed or on your phone) to the security representative who will provide access to the Tower.
We have worked with the association of Leading Visitor Attractions, the British Association of leisure Parks and Attractions and UK Hospitality to re-design our safe operating procedures so you can visit with confidence. The above steps are already in place. We may add or take away a couple of steps, depending on Government guidelines closer to the time of opening, but right now, this is our focus.
We are excited to welcome you and share the best views of the south coast…
We’ve taken enhanced health and safety measures across our site for you, our other guests and our team members. An inherent risk of COVID-19 exists in every public place where people are present. By entering our attraction, guests accept they have a duty to take steps to ensure their own safety. All guests should behave in a safe manner or we will ask you to leave for the safety of others. Please respect our team.