13th October 2015
Brandon Haunstrup and Ben Close from Portsmouth Football Club joined us recently to share their favourite views from the top, and talk us through their journey to becoming professional footballers…
1. How long have you been a part of Portsmouth FC?
Brandon: 10 years
Ben: 8 years – we were both part of the youth team.
2. Describe your ideal day in Portsmouth
The ideal day would be a hot summer’s day and include the beach before Gunwharf Quays in the evening for dinner and drinks. A favourite would be All Bar One with its waterfront views.
3. Tell me about your journey to becoming a professional footballer?
We both started in Sunday League Teams – Waterlooville Boys (Brandon) and Wimbledon Park Tigers (Ben). Then we were part of the Portsmouth Football Club Academy before making the team.
4. If you weren’t a footballer, what would you be?
Ben: It would definitely still need to be something in football, perhaps sports science or coaching.
Brandon: I’d have to stay in football and I’d actually quite like to go to university too.
5. Portsmouth’s season has started off really well. How optimistic are you for the rest of the season?
Ben: Very optimistic – being unbeaten for nine games was amazing. Training is going really well; everyone is enjoying it. The whole team is working towards one goal – to be promoted.