The Spinnaker Tower is rewarding aspiring youngsters as part of its ‘Aim High’ summer event. From Monday 13 to Friday 17 August, children dressed up as what they want to be when they grow up will get in free*. The move follows a recent survey conducted by JCB Toughphones which found that fewer than one in five people have the job they wanted when they were growing up. Just 15% went on to fulfil their childhood ambitions while the other 85% remain frustrated.
Sarah Webb, general manager at the Spinnaker Tower, commented: “This is a fun way to get children thinking about what they want to be when they grow up. I’m looking forward to seeing a great variety of mini-workers, ranging from doctors to explorers!”
Careers Week forms part of the Spinnaker Tower’s summer event ‘Aim High’, with visitors challenged in a series of weekly competitions, ranging from video game victories to tarantula holding triumphs. From Tuesday 24 July to Friday 31 August, visitors will showcase their skills and face their fears to compete for a selection of top prizes.
* when accompanied by a full paying adult. Children must be wearing at least 2 items of fancy dress clothing or accessories to claim free entry.